The San Rossore Medical Center offers the following services:
- Ophthalmology doctor’s office equipped with:
- OCT retina Tomograph for the diagnosis of macular diseases
- Angiograph for the diagnosis of retina diseases
- Visual field test to study damages due to glaucoma or neurological problems
- Corneal mapping topography
- YAG and Argon lasers to treat retina pathologies and posterior capsule opacity after cataract surgery
- Cutting-edge Laser Center to correct refractive problems and treat corneal pathologies and keratoconus
- Pediatric ophthalmology
The Ophthalmology operating room is equipped with a high-speed Vitrectomo for minimally invasive surgery of the retina and a state-of-the-art phacoemulsifier for cataract removal through ultrasonic vibrations.
The team guided by Prof. Stanislao Rizzo can also perform retinal prosthesis implant on patients suffering from retinitis pigmentosa.
Laser Center: an entire center dedicated to the care of your eyes
The Laser Center is the first in Italy to be equipped with all state-of-the-art technologies actually available in Ophthalmology. Cutting-edge instruments and devices allow doctors to treat all visual defects.