What is our centre working on?
- Anorexia nervosa
- Bulimia nervosa
- Uncontrolled Eating Disorder (Binge-Eating Disorder, BED)
- Other specified nutritional or eating disorders (eg Sub-threshold forms of Anorexia and bulimia, Night Eating Syndrome ..)
- Eating disorders not otherwise specified
- Orthorexia, Reverse anorexia or Vigorexia
Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Disorders:
- Overweight and Obesity
- Metabolism-related diseases, Diabetes, Dyslipidemia, Hypercholesterolemia and Hypertriglyceridemia, Hyperuricaemia, Coeliac Disease and Malabsorption, Hypertension, Renal Failure
- Clinical nutrition under special conditions (pregnancy, breast-feeding, menopause, PCOS …)
- Nutrition and sport
The diagnostic, therapeutic pathway is highly personalised and focusses on the specific needs and clinical problems of each individual patient.
In addition to routine instrumental and laboratory tests, the pathway includes specific investigations aimed at diagnostic and clinical classification.
- Medical-endocrinological consultation
- 1 dietetic assessment appointment (eg anthropometric, feeding patterns and energy balance assessments
- 1 appointment for instrumental assessment of nutritional status (calorimetry, BIA, metabolic holter)
- Blood chemistry and/or instrumental tests (eg CBM, ABDOMINAL ECHO ..), hormonal dosages, etc.
The objective is to provide an effective, personalised response, offering nutritional advice for diseases (obesity, diabetes, renal failure, malabsorption, hypercholesterolemia, etc.) and particular physiological conditions (such as pregnancy, sport and physical activity), using specific techniques and tools such as:
- Diet therapy
- Management of metabolic disorders
- Nutritional rehabilitation
- Food psycho-education
- Nutritional counselling
- Bariatric surgery
- Endocrinological medical monitoring
- Instrumental monitoring of nutritional status
- Psychological counselling
In the treatment of Eating Disorders (anorexia, bulimia, binge eating) the multidisciplinary specialist pathway also includes: psychotherapy, family support and family therapy, assisted meals, Training in Familiarisation with Food.
Instruments supplied to our Centre
ARMBAND SENSEWARE provides a continuous record of daily energy expenditure both during rest (Basal Metabolism) and during physical activity. Through a series of skin sensors, it also makes it possible to measure the intensity of physical effort and the quality of sleep. A band worn for extended periods on the triceps of one arm enables measurements to be carried out for up to two weeks.
A non-invasive examination carried out using the FITMATE COSMED instrument, which determines the effective/current resting energy expenditure by measuring oxygen consumption. This type of examination provides an estimate of basal metabolism with greater accuracy than the theoretical formulas. This is the energy necessary for vital functions at rest (approximately 60-70% of the total daily energy expenditure); by correctly evaluating this variable we can therefore finalise a personalised, targeted plan for weight management and other nutritional objectives.
Non-invasive examination for the determination of composition (hydro-electrolytic and nutritional profile), which is carried out using the BIA AKERN 101 instrument. It enables us to evaluate specific indices (eg lean mass, fat mass, active cell mass and water compartments), and is useful in various physiological and pathological conditions such as malnutrition, weight loss, pregnancy and elderly care. It is a gold standard examination in nutrition, the sports sector, rehabilitation, and sports medicine. A BIA analysis also enables long-term monitoring of the trend in the therapeutic pathway and/or physical/sport training.