The Ophthalmology Laser Center has recently been inaugurated at San Rossore Medical Center
The San Rossore Medical Center is proud to announce the opening of the Laser Center entirely dedicated to its patients’ eyes well being.
Equipped with state-of-the-art laser technologies currently available, the Ophthalmology Center is the first in Italy that can treat the Keratoconus, the cataract and all refractive problems, such as Astigmatism, Myopia, Farsightedness and Presbyopia.
These pathologies can have multiple and different causes, but they can often be ascribed to genetics or – in fewer cases – to particular lifestyles, such as, in case of Myopia, the prolonged visual stress due to the continuous use of computers.
As far as Presbyopia is concerned, instead, the refractive error is physiological, as in 100% of cases the progressive diminished ability to focus on near objects is closely linked to aging.
The cutting-edge technologies available at the Ophthalmological Center of the Casa di Cura San Rossore and the know-how of its specialists staff guarantee the right treatment for all these problems.
More in detail, the technologies available at the Center include:
- EXCIMER LASER for the treatment of refractive problems. This innovative laser represents the most modern technology currently available on the medical market. Thanks to the hypermetrophic profile conceived by doctor Paolo Vinciguerra, the excimer laser is able to obtain maximized visual function at night, with no ‘halo effects’, which was a typical and fastidious consequence of old, traditional techniques of refractive correction.
- FEMTOSECONDS LASER to obtain super thin (90 micron) corneal flap, thus allowing for a Femto Lasik with maximum preservation of corneal tissue. This is the most up-to-date technique for the correction of all visual defects and it is the method of choice of NASA and military US corps for its safety and guaranteed results. The treatment consist in using the Femto Laser to obtain an extremely thin corneal flap that is then lifted up to correct the refractive problem in the deepest layers of the cornea with the excimer laser. Once the treatment is over, the flap is re-positioned in its original place, where it adheres naturally and perfectly for capillarity, as if it were a natural contact lens. This instrument also allows other corneal intervention such as corneal transplant, intrastromal corneal ring implants and the creation of intrastromal micro capsular bag for micro lenses able to correct presbyopia.
- FEMTO LASIK ZEISS VISUMAX to perform the innovative surgical intervention Smile, to correct myopia and astigmatism with a micro-incision through which a corneal lenticule is extracted. This method of intervention that allows the correction of the refractive error without weakening the cornea and without having to affect nerves, is particularly indicated for athletes, severe myopia and for patient suffering from dry eye syndrome.
- CROSSLINKER-ACCELERATOR: it allows to treat the Keratoconus and strengthen the cornea during a Femto Lasik treatment, if necessary (for example in case of thin cornea)
- FEMTO CATARACT: treatment of cataract to be carried out in an operating theater. The Femto Cataract system allows to remove the crystalline lens with no need for incisions, thus guaranteeing maximum precision and patient safety. It also spares the cornea any ultrasonic stress, as it usually happened in the traditional method of intervention. Following this intervention is then possible to insert multifocal lenses later, in order to correct refractive errors (myopia as well as presbyopia) in complete safety.
To know more or to book a specialist appointment, please contact our Offices at +39 (0)50 586217 from Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 1:00pm and from 3:00pm to 7:00pm, on Saturday from 9:00am to 1:00pm or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.